- What does the term “Sunsetting” mean?
For Amadeus, “Sunsetting” is a policy that describes the end-of-life cycle used to retire a given software application (product) in its entirety or to retire its older versions. Software updates and support will no longer be provided for products that have reached their end-of-life date. Our product life cycle management policy can be found here.
- What is the rationale for sunsetting a particular product?
Sunsetting products allows us to provide our customers with the best innovation and support possible. By retiring older products, we are able to invest more in current and future solutions that offer our customers greater reliability, innovation, and value.
Products may also be sunset based on the underlying technology that the solution was built upon. Should a third-party partner no longer support a technology, Amadeus may be unable to escalate and resolve issues.
- At what point will Amadeus stop providing support for a product that is being sunset?
Support will be provided for at least one year following the end-of-life notification and will be discontinued at end-of-life. See our product life cycle management policy here for more detail.
Amadeus considers itself a partner first and a vendor second. We are fully committed to our clients and aim to ease the transition to current products.
- What does “End-of-Engineering Support” mean?
Support will make a reasonable effort to resolve reported issues in its applications. Reported issues will follow standard case escalation flow within Support. If a reported issue cannot be resolved or an acceptable workaround cannot be provided at the most senior level within Support, the reported issue will not be further escalated to Development. Further, the organization will not make any program or database changes. This support level is offered after the End-of-Engineering.
- My product is hosted by Amadeus. How does End-of-Engineering Support affect me?
End-of-Engineering Support applies to the Amadeus product only and not your hosted environment. Our Customer Support and Operations teams will continue to care for your product environment as you would expect with backups, applying security updates, scanning for malware, testing resiliency, etc. Amadeus product-specific issues will be handled in a “best effort” approach only and will not be escalated outside of Customer Support.
- What if I would like to continue using a product that is being sunset?
Customers who have purchased perpetual licenses are welcome to continue using the product in their private environments beyond the end-of-life date, but will assume any associated risk, as support will not be provided. Possible risks may include increased susceptibility to viruses, data breach, and degradation of performance. For hosted and subscription-based products, licenses become inactive as of a product’s end-of-life date.
Regardless of license type, Amadeus will offer comparable alternatives wherever possible, as we are committed to maintaining our relationships with clients beyond a single product or version and its respective life cycle.
- What should I do if I also have an integrated companion product or partner integration?
Amadeus appreciates that customers have invested in companion products. In some cases, existing companion solutions may be integrated with a newer product upon migration. In others, the companion product may only be compatible with the product being sunset. In those cases, alternative products are often available that enable the customer to continue with an integrated approach. Please reach out to your sales representative to explore what product integrations will best fit your needs.
- What should I do if I receive a sunset notification from Amadeus?
Amadeus appreciates our customers and is committed to their success. Expect a proactive call from your sales representative to discuss options to transition to a current offering. Please feel free to contact your sales representative directly or submit a request for sales and catering or service optimization.
- What products are planned to be sunset?
Amadeus plans to retire the following products. We will provide updates as we continue to evaluate our product offering. Dates are subject to change, per the discretion of Amadeus.
- Hosted Daylight, retired as of June 30, 2018
- SoSuite, retired as of July 31, 2018
- hotel WebSpace, retired as of August 31, 2018
- Daylight, retired as of December 31, 2018
- Hosted Delphi 9.5.2 and earlier, retired as of December 31, 2018
- Delphi 9.5.2 and earlier, retired as of June 30, 2019
- Hosted Delphi (all versions), retired as of June 30, 2019
- Delphi 9.5.3, planned for June 30, 2020
- McLaren Built Interfaces, planned for September 30, 2020
- Delphi 2013 (9.5.4), planned for December 31, 2020
- Delphi Diagrams, planned for June 30, 2021
- Delphi 2015 (9.5.5), planned for June 30, 2021
- Delphi 9.6, planned for June 30, 2021
- Delphi + (9.6.1), planned for June 30, 2021
- PMPro, planned for November 30, 2021
- POS+, planned for November 30, 2021
- Why would Amadeus sunset a hosted version of a product before sunsetting the on-premise version?
Amadeus is wholly committed to the success of our customers and continues to thoroughly analyze available support and any potential risks associated with each of our products. Amadeus may choose to sunset one product before another due to the level of complexities and risk that may arise.
In the case of Delphi, Microsoft is ending extended support for the Windows and SQL versions used by all legacy versions of Delphi. Amadeus is providing a transition path for our hosted customers to ensure secure, resilient, and highly available supported solutions and retiring Hosted Delphi on June 30, 2019. As customers can invest in Microsoft Support solutions, such as Premium Assurance, Amadeus will continue to support its customers on the latest versions of on-premise heritage Delphi until June 30, 2021.
11. How will my billing be affected if I am on a product that is being sunset?
By default, we will bill the Legacy Product(s) for the next full term per the terms of your agreement. To accommodate for scheduling and execution of migration services, this billed term may extend beyond the scheduled end-of-life date for the Legacy Product(s). If a contractual agreement is made for a replacement Amadeus product(s), any unused pre-paid fees will be credited to the new replacement Amadeus subscription or service product(s). If a contractual agreement is not made for a replacement Amadeus product(s), Amadeus will terminate the contract effective to the product’s end-of-life date. Any unused pre-paid fees will be credited and pro-rated to that end-of-life date.