Hotel Sales & CateringPro Migration to Amadeus Sales & Event Management – Standard
Definition of Services – Full Migration (Accounts, Contacts, Activities, Groups, and Functions)
This migration service is ideal for a property on the Hotel Sales & CateringPro platform that wants their account, contact, and activity records migrated to Amadeus Sales & Event Management – Standard. Please feel free to browse our Training and Help content in advance to understand this new and evolved sales & catering solution: Training and Help for Standard & Essentials.
The contact (Corporate Administrator) for your Hotel Sales & CateringPro migration to Amadeus Sales & Event Management – Standard should be prepared to identify current active users in Hotel Sales & CateringPro for the program to create in its process.
- Emails will provide schedule and timeline information for the data migration as outlined in this Definition of Services and will serve as the sole means to provide updates throughout the program.
- The migration of Hotel Sales & CateringPro database inclusive of:
- Up to three (3) years of historical Account activity data.
- The creation of a Corporate Administrator.
- Creation of Users as dictated by the number of active Hotel Sales & CateringPro Users. In the event named users are not provided, all records will be migrated to the Corporate Administrator user.
- Users that are not active in hSP at the time of the migration cannot be created during the migration process. Respective licenses will be allocated and the Corporate Administrator will be responsible for creating the new user record post-migration.
- Users that are listed to be a license holder will be mapped one to one. All other records owned by users other than the Corporate Administrator or listed users will be mapped to the Corporate Administrator.
- Reassignment and creation of additional users can be performed by the Corporate Administrator after the migration in the Amadeus Sales & Event Management – Standard solution.
Accounts, Contacts, and Activities
- All Accounts associated with the migrating property(ies) that have associated business records (Bookings, Activities or Volume Contracts, etc.) migrate, regardless of Account status.
- All active and inactive Contacts related to the Accounts as described above.
- Traces with a Start Time will be migrated as Appointments and otherwise migrated as Tasks.
Accounts Tracking (Volume Contracts)
- Tracking Records will be migrated as Volume Contracts.
- All Tracking Types will be migrated.
- All Contract Statuses will be migrated as Contracted.
- Tracking records with no Property ID or Site ID will not migrate.
- Group Blocks will be migrated as Bookings.
- Guest Room Rates are averaged to provide the Booking ADR.
- Group Setup Values will be migrated as Property Setup Values.
- Baseline Guestroom Performance data will be created during the migration; over time, incremental performance data will become available for more precise reporting.
- If Function Room Block start time is greater than the end time, the end time will become one day later than the start time.
Functions and BEOs (Events)
- Functions will be migrated as Bookings.
- Hierarchy Event Details, Room Schedules, and Function Agenda Details will be migrated as Booking Events.
- Menus and Items will not be migrated.
- Actual Booking Event revenue will be aggregated from historical BEOs.
- Future Functions will not have BEO information migrated.
- Function Setup Values will be migrated as Property Setup Values.
- Baseline Catering Performance data will be created during the migration; over time, incremental performance data will become available for more precise reporting.
- Functions longer than 365 days will not migrate.
- Functions without a function date will not migrate.
- Negative catering revenue on BEOs, Functions, or Room Blocks will not migrate.
- BEO Revenue on a BEO with Function different than Room Block function will not migrate.
Merge and Reports
- Contracts, Resumes, LNR Rate Letters, and other merge documents are not migrated.
- Pre-formed, standard reports are provided.
- BEO, Banquet Check, and Booking Merge Documents are available as standard forms.
- Site Setup Values will be migrated as Property Setup Values, which can be deactivated as needed.
- Universal Setup Values will be migrated as Corporate Setup Values.
- Users will have User-level access after the migration (this can be updated by the Corporate Administrator to promote to Property Administrator and additional Property access).
- If a migrated User does not have an email address or has an invalid email address, their Amadeus email address is auto-generated.
- Example: email@example.com
- Existing EMS reader board interfaces in Hotel Sales & CateringPro database will be replaced where the same EMS reader board interface also exists in Amadeus Sales & Event Management – Standard.
Out of Scope
The following services are not included in this migration project. Please contact your Amadeus sales representative if you would like information on additional Amadeus services.
- Migration of more than three (3) years of historical business information (Traces, Groups, Functions).
- Assistance with data clean-up in Hotel Sales & CateringPro or in Standard post-migration.
- Data de-duping (Accounts, Contacts) in Hotel Sales & CateringPro or in Standard.
- Cross-referencing of Setup Values (All Account Market Segment and Lead Source values are migrated. Other Setup Values are provided as standard picklist selections.).
- Migration of data to a Sandbox prior to production migration.
- Custom field mapping between Hotel Sales & CateringPro and Amadeus Sales & Event Management – Standard.
- Account and Contact record access restrictions (Accounts and Contacts are shared by all users and properties).
- Migration of Reports and Merge Documents such as contracts. A BEO, Banquet Check, and other standard merge forms will be provided in the new application.
- Performance Data (for Performance Reports/PACE) will not be migrated, though baseline performance data will be created during the migration process.
- Migration of currency values other than USD and CAD.
- Business Consulting and Instructor-led Training.
- Editing certain Salesforce processes and/or configurations enabled in a multi-module environment.
- Scheduling of the migration will be done by Amadeus. The Migration Date will be communicated to the Corporate Administrator via email at least two weeks prior to the migration event.
- Amadeus will migrate properties residing in the same Hotel Sales & CateringPro database to a shared Salesforce Org with the same properties.
- The Hotel Sales & CateringPro to Amadeus Sales & Event Management – Standard migration utilizes tooling that will transfer the data to the source system. The Corporate Administrator will be responsible post-migration for validating and, as needed, updating the data through the self-service capability provided.
- A data validation report will be provided following your migration. The report will identify specific records that failed to migrate as expected. These records will need to be referenced in the source Hotel Sales & CateringPro system and re-keyed manually into ASEM at your discretion.
- The Corporate Administrator is expected to execute a complete and comprehensive review of the data within two (2) business days of the migration completion.
- Beyond this period, the end-state of your data migration will be considered final, complete, and ineligible for any further review by Amadeus.
- Access to your Hotel Sales & CateringPro system will be terminated 30 days from your migration date or on August 1, 2021, whichever comes first.
- The migration will be scheduled to execute outside of normal business hours on the day of the migration. Any data added to Hotel Sales & CateringPro system after 5:00 PM ET the day prior to the scheduled migration date will not be included in the data.
- Data entry in the Hotel Sales & CateringPro system post-migration will not be included in the data migration to ASEM. Post-migration access to Hotel Sales & CateringPro will be as a non-production system for validation and reference purposes only.
- Training materials will be made available to the subscriber free of charge. If the subscriber requests additional or supplemental training, this will be managed outside the scope of this agreement and will require separate contracting.
- If the client has an existing interface to a third-party system, such as PMS or RMS, additional services may be required post migration if a commercially available comparable interface is available in ASEM.
Hotel Sales & CateringPro Migration to Amadeus Sales & Event Management – Standard
SalesPro TechData Migration Specifications – Full Migration (Accounts, Contacts, Activities, Groups, and Functions)
Additionally, here are some links from the Standard & Essentials Training and Help which you may find helpful to reference as you prepare for the migration.
- Moving from hSP to Standard or Essentials
- hSP Migration FAQs
- hSP Corporate administrators guide
- hSP Property administrators guide
- New user guide
- hSP Glossary of terms
- Getting Started (video)
- hSP Reports comparison
- Release notes
Accounts and Contacts
- All active Accounts associated with business records (Booking, Activity or Volume contract, etc.) will be migrated as follows by the Account type in hSP.
- ‘Corporate’ accounts migrate with property(ies).
- ‘Region’ accounts migrate if the property’s region ID is the same.
- ‘District’ accounts if the property’s district ID is the same.
- ‘Local’ accounts migrate with property(ies) including ‘Local’ account records from other properties in the same site when there is a migrating record associated.
- Account Address will be migrated from the Primary Contact’s Address.
- Phone/Fax from the Account’s Primary Contact will be migrated with primary Contact and will also be migrated to the Account’s Phone/Fax fields.
- Inactive Contacts associated with migrated Accounts will be migrated as Active Contacts.
- First and Last names will be migrated, but will not populate the “Full Name” field in the ASEM.
- Phone 2 will be migrated as Mobile Phone.
- Phone 3 will be migrated as Other Phone.
- Phone Extensions will be migrated with the associated phone number and include “EXT” prior to the extension number. Example: “EXT: 555-555-5555.”
Account Traces (Activities)
- Traces with Start Times will be migrated as an Event Activity (Appointments).
- Traces without Start Times will be migrated as a Task Activity.
- Recurring Traces will be migrated as individual Activities.
- Traces built from the Next Trace feature will be migrated as individual Activities.
- All Traces will be migrated as Public Activities.
- Trace Types will be migrated as Activity Type in the Activity.
Account Tracking (Volume Contracts)
- Tracking Records will be migrated over as Volume Contracts.
- All Account Tracking Types will migrate to Volume Contracts.
- Volume Contract Name will be the same as Volume Contract Type.
- Tracking Type will be migrated as Contract Type.
- All Contract Statuses will be migrated as “Contracted.”
- The “Min and Max Dates” on all migrated Tracking Records will populate as Contract Start and Contract End Dates.
- A Volume Contract Period will be generated per year.
- The Period Forecast will be the Sum of actual room nights of tracking entries of that Account Tracking type.
- The Period Forecast Rate will be the Average of actual room rates of tracking entries of that Account Tracking type.
- Tracking entries will be migrated as Volume Contract Pickup entries.
- Run of House (ROH) will be migrated as the only Room Type for Volume Contract Pickup.
- The Tracking Date will be migrated as the Pickup Date for Volume Contract Pickup.
- HSP Group Block will be migrated as a Booking.
- Only the Group Blocks associated with those properties included in the migration will be migrated.
- Only the first 80 characters of the HSP Group Block Name will be migrated.
- For any HSP Group Blocks with a blank name, the associated Account Name will be migrated in its place.
- The salesperson of an HSP Group Block will be migrated to Booking Owner.
- For any HSP Group Blocks with a blank salesperson, the Created By will be migrated in its place.
- For any HSP Group Block that has a Contract Due Date or Release Date after the Departure Date, the Arrival Date minus 1 day will be migrated in its place.
- A Group Block linked to a Function in HSP will be migrated as its own Booking (separate from the Booking for Events).
- Group Types will be migrated as Booking Types.
- All Group Blocks will be migrated with a Revenue Type of “Banquet.”
- All Guest Room Blocks, Room Nights, and Rates will be migrated as “ROH.”
- HSP Block numbers will be migrated to Agreed.
- HSP Net numbers will be migrated to both Blocked and Forecasted.
- HSP Pickup/Actual numbers will be migrated to Pickup.
- HSP Pickup Revenue will be migrated to Pickup Rate.
- Final Status of Cancelled Groups will be migrated to Lost Reason.
- The Guest Room Rates from HSP are averaged to provide the booking’s Average Rate (AVG Rate) in ASEM.
- Rates defined against each room type will be considered as the Blocked Rate.
- For Historical Groups in HSP that have a Definite Status with Actuals – the Pickup Complete checkbox will be marked as “true”(checked).
- Group Deposit Due/Received Dates and Amounts will be migrated to a Booking Transaction as Charges and Payments.
- HSP Front Desk Notes, F&B Notes, Engineering Notes, Security Notes, and Other Notes will be migrated to the Front Office Resume field.
- HSP Reservation Method, Comp. Policy, Reservations Notes, Group Code, IATA #, SRP Type, Rooming List Due Date, and Cancellation Date will be migrated to the Reservation Resume field.
- HSP Accounting Info, Sales Office Notes, and Contract Notes will be migrated to the Accounting Resume field.
- HSP Bellman/Van Service Notes, Baggage Info, and Parking Info will be migrated to the Bell Desk/Valet Resume field.
- HSP Housekeeping Notes will be migrated to the Housekeeping Resume field.
- hSP Guarantee Type and Billing Instructions will be migrated to the Billing Comments field.
- hSP Cancellation Policy will be migrated to the Terms and Conditions Detail field.
- hSP Onsite Contact, 3rd Party Booking Agent Details/Info, Net Factor %, Auto Net decision, and Room Type/Rates will be migrated to the Comments field.
- All HSP Functions (with or without a linked Group Block) will be migrated as a separate Booking.
- The first 80 characters of the HSP Function Name will be migrated.
- For any HSP Function with a blank name, the associated Account Name will be migrated in its place.
- The Salesperson of a HSP Function will be migrated to Booking Owner.
- Function Types will be migrated as Booking Types.
- All Functions will be migrated with a Revenue Type of “Catering.”
- If the Salesperson name is blank, the Function’s Created By will be migrated in its place.
BEOs (Booking Events)
- Hierarchy HSP Event Details, Room Schedule, and Function Agenda Details will be Migrated as individual Booking Events.
- HSP Main Function will be migrated as a new Booking Event (used to house revenues not associated to a particular function room)
(b) HSP Function Room Schedules will be migrated as individual Booking Events
(c) HSP Function Room Agendas will be migrated as individual Booking Events
- HSP Function Room Agenda Details will be migrated into the associated Booking Events description.
- HSP Total Function Forecast Revenues for AV, Service, and Misc. will be migrated to a new Booking Event (HSP Main Function) created during the migration.
- Guarantee Due Date, BEO Due Date, Parking, On-Site Contact, and Room Fee Waiver will be migrated to the Description field.
- Function and BEO Deposit Due/Received Dates and Amounts will be migrated to a Booking Event Transaction as Charges and Payments.
- The “Use BEO Summary for Forecast” checkbox will be migrated to the ‘Done’ checkbox and will be marked as “true”(checked).
- Revenues come from the following locations in HSP:
|Past or Future Functions||“Use BEO Summary for Forecast”||Fields||HSP Field Location|
|Past Function||Unchecked||Est Food, Est Bev||Room Scheduler Screen|
|Past Function||Unchecked||Est AV, Est Service, Est Misc.||Bill Info Screen|
|Past Function||Checked||Food, Bev, AV, Misc. Revenue||BEO – Quantity Ordered|
|Future Function||Both Checked and Unchecked||Est Food, Est Bev||Room Scheduler Screen|
|Future Function||Both Checked and Unchecked||Est AV, Est Service, Est Misc.||Bill Info Screen|
|Past or Future Functions||Fields||Field Location|
|All Actual Revenue on the BEO to be summed by Charge to Category (Room, Food, Bev, AV, Staff, Misc, and Parking). The Total sum for each category will be pulled in as a menu item mapped to the corresponding Rev Classification.||BEO – Quantity Billed|
|Future Functions||No BEO data will be migrated.|
Sales Plan Calendar (Guestroom Type Day Records)
- Minimum Group Rates will be migrated as Minimum Average Rate (MAR).
- Transient Rooms will be migrated as Transient Protected.
- Transient Rooms will be migrated to ROH.
- If Transient Protected or MAR do not exist in HSP then ROH Guestroom Type Day Records will be generated with ‘0’ values.
Merge Documents, Reports, and BEOs
- Merge Documents (Contracts, Group Resume, LNR Rate Letters, etc.) will not be migrated.
- Only pre-written standard reports are provided in ASEM.
- BEO, Banquet Check, and Booking Check Merge Documents are available as standard merge templates.
Custom Options and Customization (Setup Values)
- All Company-Wide Custom Options (Universals) will be migrated as Property Values.
- All Function Rooms will be migrated as Indivisible Function Rooms regardless of Room Exclusions from HSP.
- All guestrooms from a migration property’s HSP site will be migrated as Guestroom Types.
- Monthly Property Budget will be migrated as the Property Budget.
- Function Room length, width, and area will migrate but should be confirmed post-migration.
- Active HSP Users indicated to be created by the Corporate Administrator will be mapped 1 to 1. All other users will be mapped to the Corporate Administrator.
- Users will have User-level access to one default Property following the migration (this can be updated by the Administrator to promote to a Property Admin and provide additional Property access).
- If a migrating HSP User does not have an email address or has an invalid email address (based on format) their ASEM email address is auto-generated.
- Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Not Included in the Migration
- Master Account from Account
- SIC Code
- Travel Agency, Phone, and Email
- Key Account Checkbox
- Key Account Report Forecast
- PMS Account Code
- Rate Plan
- Discount off Rack
- District or Region
- Document Tab
- Profile from Qualification Tool
- Full Name including Middle Name
- Room Pref
- # Meetings per year
- Web Address
- Recurring Traces
- GM Review Date
- Locally Negotiated Rates (LNR) from the Account Info Tab
- Tracking Records from other hotels within the same site
- Tracking Records with no property assignment
- Tracking Records with a Type of Lead and Lost
- Comments and Points from Tracking Records
- Completed By salesperson
- Waiting for Call Back
- Group Blocks from other hotels within the same site
- Group Blocks with no property assignment
- PMS Revenue Fields from Billing Info Tab
- Group History Records / Tab
- Group ID #s
- # of Room Types per Guest Room
- Final Statuses of Groups w/ a Status of Definite, Tentative, and Proposal
- Taxes from Billing Info Tab
- Travel Agent Flat Fee
- Group Stay Type
- First Time Group checkbox
- Last Status
- Name of Linked Function (if any)
Functions and BEOs
- Menu Items, Service Charges, and Taxes from Custom Options
- Menu Items, Service Charges, and Taxes from individual BEOs
- BEO Ordered and Billed Revenues for Future Functions
- Forecast/Estimated Revenues for Future Functions
- Forecast/Estimated Revenues for Function Room Rental
- All Future BEOs
- BEO Name, Folio #, Comments, Setup, Custom Opening, Custom Body, Custom Close, and Custom Terms
- Function Final Status linked from Definite, Tentative, or Proposal Status
- Room Block History Tab
- Name of Linked Group Block (if any)
- Function Calendar Notes
Group and Function History (Booking Day Snapshots)
- The daily Group and Function changes that are tracked for Pace and Productivity reporting are not migrated.
Sales Plan Calendar
- Group Room Target
- Group Rate Targets
- Group Target Rates
Merge, Reports and BEOs
- All Word Merge Documents
- All Reports
- All BEOs and Banquet Checks
Custom Options and Customizations
- Catering Revenue from Property Budget
- Miscellaneous Revenue from Property Budget
- All Last Year Revenues from Property Budget
- Room Exclusions of Function Rooms from Custom Options
- Account, Group, and Function Traces Types from Custom Options
- Trace Categories from Custom Options
- Account Status, Priority, Rate Type from Custom Options
- Contact Type from Custom Options
- Group Comp. Policy Type, Baggage, Parking, Cancellation Policy Type, and Group Stay Type from Custom Options
- Function Type andRoom Agenda Type from Custom Options
- BEO Close, Opening, Body, and Terms from Custom Options
- Property Reporting Brand, Reporting Ownership and Reporting Regional
- Property District and Region
- Property Site Name
- Property Default Dates for Contract Due, Release Date, Menu Due, and Guarantee Due
- Group Availability Labels
- Salesperson Goals – Production, Activity, Actual Consumption, and Tracking
- Any Outlook, Diagram, Proposal or PMS Interface Configurations from the Property or User Level
- User Access Rights from HSP
- Username and passwords from HSP
- User’s Name, Title, and Website